wooden boats   sailing

Enter what you want to search for, to search for an "exact phrase" by enclosing it in quotes. You may search for a combination of words and phrases

en

Learn more about our "How to Tie Knots" DVD/CD
April 18th 2024 - 23:05

Thread #74

Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
December 13th, 2003
Whatīs a building in the woods got to do with sailing?
Iīve spent the last few days working long hours at a small new building in the woods of Roberts Creek BC... Iīll have more to show you soon - but at this point, suffice to say, that building in the woods - for the moment - has a great deal to do with sailing!
Uploaded Image
--
Fair Winds
 - and watch for squals from leeward

Scott W. Baker

Discussion:
Portrait for sbaker

December 15th, 2003
Re: Whatīs a building in the woods got to do with sailing?
Perhaps Iīve confused you...

A little peek perhaps - through the veil?
Uploaded Image
--
Fair Winds

Scott W. Baker
Portrait for sbaker

December 28th, 2003
Enough Suspence...
Well, I suppose itīs time to come clean and give all the details of our latest project...

As some users have already surmised, a producer friend and I have were filming instructional video about how to tie knots (that building in the woods is his brand new studio)

I kept my interest in knots that started at SALTS and continued playing with ornamental knots - I even used some bell rope hitching to replace a broken tea pot handle for my mom. Recently I joined the International Guild of Knot Tyers and as part of this resurgence personal growth into seamanship and itīs surrounding arts it seemed a perfect outlet to create some really high quality instructional video that brought together some of the tips and techniques I used to teach aboard SALTS with what I have learned more recently.

There will eventually be on DVD and interactive CD-ROM including many different knots, whipping, splicing, and some background about rope.

Iīll send out a news release to everyone in the next little while and fairly soon I expect to have some preview video (itīs being edited now) for now, here is a fisheye shot of the entire set. We basically just collected together all my nautical "stuff" and that of a few others to create this set. the 360 will show the entire set a bit better including all the lighting etc (for the technically curious)

Uploaded Image
--
Fair Winds

Scott W. Baker
Portrait for sbaker

February 13th, 2004
Scottīs Knots
Some of you probably already received the first Edition of īShipīs Logī in your inbox last night - but I know that many did not due to your profile options... so here is a quick note for everyone:

Scottīs Knots (the title of my new instructional knots DVD/CD) is now nearing completion and will soon be available...

For now - you can get a sneak Peek here:
http://www.pawprint.net/sail/knots/ complete with a virtual tour of the set.
Uploaded Image
--
Fair Winds

Scott W. Baker
ihsan_oktay has no photo

by: ihsan_oktay
February 14th, 2004
Re: Whatīs a building in the woods got to do with sailing?
Dear Scott,

Congrulations for your work, Scottīs Knots. I believe, if someone know something, he must show and teach this the others.

Fair winds,

Ihsan

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete The Bosunīs Mate Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete The Bosunīs Mate Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyBeat to Quarters RSS feed for: Beat to Quarters
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

wooden boats
Copyright © 1987-2024 The Bosun's Mate
web design, virtual tours and maintenance donated: PawPrint.net