tall ships   tall ships

Enter what you want to search for, to search for an "exact phrase" by enclosing it in quotes. You may search for a combination of words and phrases

en

Learn more about our "How to Tie Knots" DVD/CD
April 23rd 2024 - 18:33

Thread #158

Portrait for girl from the north

by: girl from the north
June 4th, 2005
Summer Trip #5 ´05
Hi! I was on the waiting list for Pacific Swift trip #5 this summer and I found out today that I´m in! I´m really excited, but I´ve never been on a S.A.L.T.S. trip before and I´m not at all familiar with the area since I´m from Minnesota. I´m wondering if anyone can recommend a good way to get to and from there, and if there´s any accomodation available in Ucluelet for the night, or maybe if anyone´s going or coming in the same direction I could share transportation/lodging or something? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Claire

Discussion:
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
June 4th, 2005
Re: Summer Trip #5 ´05
Hey - Congratz! You´re going to have a wonderful time!

There are quite a few ways to get there - car-pool is a great idea I´ll leave that open to others that might be going that way. Other options include float plane (really nice but more expensive trip) or Bus.

As for places to stay - I´d recommend looking into the B&Bs in the area - there are LOADS of them and most are really nice. Many of them advertize here: http://ucluelet.travel.bc.ca/

Hope that helps :)
--
Fair Winds
 - and watch for squals from leeward

Scott W. Baker
burnsy has no photo

by: burnsy
June 6th, 2005
Re: Summer Trip #5 ´05
You make me wish I had asked to be put on that list. Oh well, have fun.
--
Whiskey is what makes a man shoot at his landlord...and what makes him miss.
germany has no photo

by: germany
August 20th, 2005
Summer Trip #5 ´05
Well were going to meet (I´m also on the swift ).
I was last year on the Grace and it was awesome (?) !!! ...

i hope the weather will be good , and the waves not too high (pacific ocean ...)  ...

Ohaaa  im so excited

I´m sorry for my bad English ...

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete The Bosun´s Mate Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete The Bosun´s Mate Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlySummer Trips RSS feed for: Summer Trips
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

sailing
Copyright © 1987-2024 The Bosun's Mate