tall ships   tall ships

Enter what you want to search for, to search for an "exact phrase" by enclosing it in quotes. You may search for a combination of words and phrases

en

Learn more about our "How to Tie Knots" DVD/CD
May 24th 2018 - 18:28

Thread #158

Portrait for girl from the north

by: girl from the north
June 4th, 2005
Summer Trip #5 05
Hi! I was on the waiting list for Pacific Swift trip #5 this summer and I found out today that Im in! Im really excited, but Ive never been on a S.A.L.T.S. trip before and Im not at all familiar with the area since Im from Minnesota. Im wondering if anyone can recommend a good way to get to and from there, and if theres any accomodation available in Ucluelet for the night, or maybe if anyones going or coming in the same direction I could share transportation/lodging or something? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Claire

Discussion:
germany has no photo

by: germany
August 20th, 2005
Summer Trip #5 05
Well were going to meet (Im also on the swift ).
I was last year on the Grace and it was awesome (?) !!! ...

i hope the weather will be good , and the waves not too high (pacific ocean ...)  ...

Ohaaa  im so excited

Im sorry for my bad English ...
burnsy has no photo

by: burnsy
June 6th, 2005
Re: Summer Trip #5 05
You make me wish I had asked to be put on that list. Oh well, have fun.
--
Whiskey is what makes a man shoot at his landlord...and what makes him miss.
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
June 4th, 2005
Re: Summer Trip #5 05
Hey - Congratz! Youre going to have a wonderful time!

There are quite a few ways to get there - car-pool is a great idea Ill leave that open to others that might be going that way. Other options include float plane (really nice but more expensive trip) or Bus.

As for places to stay - Id recommend looking into the B&Bs in the area - there are LOADS of them and most are really nice. Many of them advertize here: http://ucluelet.travel.bc.ca/

Hope that helps :)
--
Fair Winds
 - and watch for squals from leeward

Scott W. Baker

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete The Bosuns Mate Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete The Bosuns Mate Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlySummer Trips RSS feed for: Summer Trips
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

tall ships
Copyright © 1987-2018 The Bosun's Mate
web design, virtual tours and maintenance donated: PawPrint.net