sailing   wooden boats

Enter what you want to search for, to search for an "exact phrase" by enclosing it in quotes. You may search for a combination of words and phrases


Learn more about our "How to Tie Knots" DVD/CD
December 13th 2017 - 11:06
Main Menu -> Parts -> Windlass


A mechanical device used to pull in Cable or chain, such as an Anchor Rode. Historically this was a human-powered device, however it is still used on modern vessels for machine powered devices.

tall ships
Copyright © 1987-2017 The Bosun's Mate
web design, virtual tours and maintenance donated: