tall ships   sailing

Enter what you want to search for, to search for an "exact phrase" by enclosing it in quotes. You may search for a combination of words and phrases

en

Learn more about our "How to Tie Knots" DVD/CD
April 19th 2024 - 11:08

Thread #350

Portrait for roovyn

by: roovyn
July 15th, 2009
Here comes Rico!
When I was on the Pacific Swift last summer on trip one, my watch officer Drew was dressing up in a crazy costume sometimes for bunk judging and calling himself īRicoī
Now, at the beginning of the trip Drew had told everyone that if we had brought a stuffed animal, we were to display it proudly on our bunks when inspection occured. I had made this rather odd looking stuffie out of a toe sock, with wide green lips and white eyes, so I left it on my bunk.
Drew, dressed a Rico came onto deck to tell us who had one that night and interigate anyone whoīs bunk seemed off.
"Who is # 14?" he said
I stuck up my hand , "Oh thatīs me."
"I see. Now, that little monster on your bunk, that is the most frightening thing I have ever seen! Minus 5000 points!"

All the girls protested loudly, and the guys thought it was the funniest thing ever to happen, and that I had to bring this monster I had made to Mug-up because they all wanted to see it.

Did he really dock us points? I have no idea~ But I did leave it out the next time Rico showed up for inspection!
--
rawr...

Discussion:
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
July 16th, 2009
Here comes Rico!
Great story!

Please tell me you have a photo of the little monster you can share? It would be both interesting and probably shocking to see something worth a 5000 point drop! Certainly sounds "unique" anyway :)
--
Fair Winds
 - and watch for squals from leeward

Scott W. Baker
Portrait for roovyn

July 16th, 2009
Here comes Rico!
haha I will certainly take a photo of him as soon as possible! Which will be..later this evening, as I donīt have time at the moment~ but I shall!
--
rawr...
Portrait for sbaker

July 20th, 2009
Here comes Rico!
I wonder... could these be relatives of the sock monster?

Uploaded Image
--
Fair Winds

Scott W. Baker
Portrait for roovyn

July 21st, 2009
Here comes Rico!
haha those are brilliant!
sorry I havnīt gotten a picture up yet! I canīt seem to find the oneīs Iīve taken !
--
rawr...
Portrait for sbaker

August 26th, 2009
Here comes Rico!
Thanks to Susie who forwarded me these photos from a Swift Trip in October 2007 we not have some never before seen footage of the elusive "Rico"

Uploaded Image
--
Fair Winds

Scott W. Baker
Portrait for sbaker

August 26th, 2009
Here comes Rico!
Another of Rico, it his natural habitat...
Uploaded Image
--
Fair Winds

Scott W. Baker
Portrait for sbaker

August 26th, 2009
Here comes Rico!
Finally the TuckīnīTidy board with Ricoīs special brand of comments...
Uploaded Image
--
Fair Winds

Scott W. Baker

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete The Bosunīs Mate Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete The Bosunīs Mate Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyStories RSS feed for: Stories
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

salts
Copyright © 1987-2024 The Bosun's Mate