wooden boats   tall ships

Enter what you want to search for, to search for an "exact phrase" by enclosing it in quotes. You may search for a combination of words and phrases

en

Learn more about our "How to Tie Knots" DVD/CD
April 24th 2024 - 22:21

Thread #313

antoinnette has no photo

by: antoinnette
October 13th, 2007
I met my husband on the Spirit of chemanius in the summer of´87
I did a trip up desolation sound in August of ´87. On this trip there was another youth by the name of Richard Nash. I fell in love with him the first moment I saw him. We now have three beautiful kids and are happily married. And I owe it all to my 10 day trip on the spirit of chemanius. My name by the way was Antoinnette Meadows, now Nash. Thanks S.A.L.T.S.

Discussion:
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
October 14th, 2007
What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing. You´re not the first person I have heard of that met the love of their live on the SALTS ships. What a wonderful story to share for the start of a relationship!

You don´t by any chance have any photos from your trip? I only sailed on the Spirit once and at the time just had a fairly lame Polaroid camera - our photo galleries would really benefit from some better shots of a trip on the Spirit!

--
Fair Winds
 - and watch for squals from leeward

Scott W. Baker
antoinnette has no photo

by: antoinnette
October 16th, 2007
I wish we had pics, I did not have a camera then, but we did a photo shoot with bc ferrys and we were on a post card that I think might be still in circulation, It was the Spirit and the Robby II and we sailed around the ferry and a helicopter took pictures. I know I have a copy of that somewhere, I will look.
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
October 27th, 2007
I think anyone that set foot in Victoria BC from the day that card came out until at least 2000 knows that photo - that postcard was everywhere!

What a fun story to have been on that trip.
--
Fair Winds
 - and watch for squals from leeward

Scott W. Baker

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete The Bosun´s Mate Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete The Bosun´s Mate Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyStories RSS feed for: Stories
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

sailing
Copyright © 1987-2024 The Bosun's Mate
web design, virtual tours and maintenance donated: PawPrint.net