sailing   tall ships

Enter what you want to search for, to search for an "exact phrase" by enclosing it in quotes. You may search for a combination of words and phrases

en

Learn more about our "How to Tie Knots" DVD/CD
April 25th 2024 - 09:42

Thread #210

Portrait for kpbosun

by: kpbosun
January 18th, 2006
Yappy Hew Near!
2006 - already? geesh this all reminds me of the Monty Python snippit:
< wooshing sound >
"What was that?"
"That was your life mate"
"Do I get another"
"Nope, sorry."
"damm"

Not that I´m complaining - just noticing how fast things seem to be proceeding by - but I´m still having fun.

Today we might be going out on the CCGA boat to run safety for the polar bear swim - that is if there is a polar bear swim. with a forecast for 55 knot winds - it may get scrapped. We´ll probabyl go out anyway - do some rough weather training :)

I mentioned yesterday that my computer basically blew up (well the video card blew up and took the computer with it... So most of yesterday was spent researching the best replacement mobo/board combo - and I think I have it: Asus is the manufacturer of choice and I´m going to the extreme... A8N SLI Premium board and a Athlon 64 X2 Dule Core... let´s see what that puppy can do for the ole productivity. Which is going to be important because I´ll probably be about a month behind by Wed when I hope to get things running after a trip to Vancouver on Tuesday to pick it up.
Uploaded Image

Discussion:
Portrait for kpbosun

January 3rd, 2006
Comments about Yappy Hew Near!
Iīll be interested in how the Dule Core works out. If it means what I think, side by side linked precessors, Iīve heard that much of the existing software canīt take advantage of the new configuration. What have you heard about the new stuff in the pipe line?
Sorry you lost the old rig. Itīs never a good time for that, but around the holidays might be about the worst.
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
January 24th, 2006
Yappy Hew Near!
Sorry I didnīt get back to you sooner - been a bit NUTZ here...

As for the system - it ROCKS. I just read a review from cnet and they recommend the Athlon too. SO far though - Iīve very impressed. Especially with the MOBO because it has dual ethernet and Iīm using that through my home network on two different subnets to great effect!
--
Fair Winds
 - and watch for squals from leeward

Scott W. Baker
Portrait for kpbosun

January 24th, 2006
Yappy Hew Near!
It sounds like it is doing even more than you had hoped. Congratulations. I just broke down and ordered a dell 9300 media laptop to replace my ī486ī which is barely running win 98 second ed. It should be fun getting it set up. As RSS probably told you, I put more photos in the main album and one in navigation tools.
KPBosun
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
January 24th, 2006
Yappy Hew Near!
wow - now thatīs an upgrade! I bet it will be fun!

Ya, saw all the photos - thanks again - Itīs a blast watching the updates.
--
Fair Winds
 - and watch for squals from leeward

Scott W. Baker

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete The Bosunīs Mate Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete The Bosunīs Mate Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyStories RSS feed for: Stories
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

wooden boats
Copyright © 1987-2024 The Bosun's Mate