salts   wooden boats

Enter what you want to search for, to search for an "exact phrase" by enclosing it in quotes. You may search for a combination of words and phrases

en

Learn more about our "How to Tie Knots" DVD/CD
April 16th 2024 - 11:01

Thread #182

Portrait for afterglow

by: afterglow
September 8th, 2005
Ahoy Shipmates...
Master Chief Boatswainīs Mate Joe E. reporting aboard for duty...

My username is Afterglow; not for the feeling one might have after a big kiss, but instead for the look of things after a nuclear detonation.

I enlisted in the US Navy in 1959.  I worked my way up through all of the enlisted rates from Seaman Recruit through Master Chief as a Boatswainīs Mate, all four grades (WO-1 through CWO-4) as a Warrant Boatswain, and retired as a Deck Lieutenant in 1980...

I have missed the sea every day that I have been away from it.  But, I learned along time ago to take what you have/get and make something good of it, and I have done that.  I have taken my civilian life by the horns and enjoyed every minute of it (have worked in publication business, real estate and a few other things, and have even worked for myself).

Thatīs all for now...

Later shipmates,

joe e ;)

Uploaded Image

Discussion:
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
September 8th, 2005
Ahoy Shipmates...
Welcome!  (gotta love that photo!)

That - sir - sounds like a lot of sea time! You certainly have me beat. But Iīm working on it...

I discovered the Coast Guard Auxiliary to keep me out on the water - but during the interrum time, I know exactly how you felt - itīs amazing how much you miss it when you are away.

I hope you find some of the old "flavour" here - this site certainly helps me keep in touch with the maritime world when I am away from it from time to time.
--
Fair Winds
 - and watch for squals from leeward

Scott W. Baker
Portrait for afterglow

September 8th, 2005
Ahoy Shipmates...
Thanks sbaker...  īTwas nine ships that I sailed in (actually it wa only eight... did one of them twice).

Life is good, eh?

joe e ;)
Uploaded Image
jelli has no photo

by: jelli
October 17th, 2005
Ahoy Shipmates...
Hi Joe,

Welcome. Iīm new here too. I hope you come back and visit/post - itīs pretty quiet here!

I understand exactly how you feel about being away from the sea. I miss it the minute I step on the jetty, bag on back, waving to the rest of the crew. Itīs a feeling that others - īlandlubbersī just wouldnīt understand.

Jelli

Portrait for afterglow

October 21st, 2005
Ahoy Shipmates...
Ahoy there, jelli...  Good to see you.  What kind of ship (s) did you serve in?  Mine, for the most part, were combatants, although I had two auxiliaries towards the end of my career.

Will have been 25-years the 31st of this month that I retired from the Navy...  Doesnīt seem like it could have been that long, but my olī body says itīs so.

Later shipmate, jelli.

joe e ;)
Portrait for cherrie_gugu

by: cherrie_gugu
October 27th, 2005
Ahoy Shipmates...
hey guys^^ im new here too.. i hope Jose still remember me ..peace guys.. hope can join your guys next  year in 2006...

Cherry
Uploaded Image
--
mmm..do what i love, and love what i do, this is the passion of my life, what about u ? ^_^

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete The Bosunīs Mate Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete The Bosunīs Mate Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyMeet & Greet RSS feed for: Meet & Greet
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

wooden boats
Copyright © 1987-2024 The Bosun's Mate