wooden boats   sailing

Enter what you want to search for, to search for an "exact phrase" by enclosing it in quotes. You may search for a combination of words and phrases

en

Learn more about our "How to Tie Knots" DVD/CD
April 23rd 2024 - 20:26

Thread #168

cpt. iron jack cash has no photo

by: cpt. iron jack cash
July 16th, 2005
My appoligies
Good Morning, its odd that I should find this sight, as I was doing research on sailing I happend upon you guys, but here is why.
Iīve just completed a pirate novel and its now in the hands of the publisher. while I was writing this, I often thought of putting a disclaimer in it somewhere appoligizing to the blue water sailors of the world for the fact that probably most if not all of the things I have the frigates and sloops doing in the story canīt happen or at least happen far more slowly then one would belive reading it.
I did study sailing for a bit during the writing but itīs such a vast lesson that I had to abandon it and get on with the story.
So to you the blue water sailors, I appoligize for writing about what is surely an art form with no experience on my part.
Jesse R. Deville

Discussion:
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
July 24th, 2005
Re: My appoligies
With so many of the nautical fiction titles out there already guilty of tresspass on the plausable - I think we are all used to it. Anyway - what fiction is there that doesnīt "push the limit" somewhat... (well OK OīBrian was pretty close...)

Personally, I like a good story, and Iīm certainly willing to forgive a few leaps of the plausable in exchange for the more pleasurable :)

Let us know the title and when itīs out...
--
Fair Winds
 - and watch for squals from leeward

Scott W. Baker

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete The Bosunīs Mate Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete The Bosunīs Mate Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyStories RSS feed for: Stories
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

sailing
Copyright © 1987-2024 The Bosun's Mate